Beavercreek United Church of Christ, “Ten O’Clock Church” seeks skilled administrative assistant to help manage the office functions of the church. These functions include answering phones, overseeing church calendars, routing mail, preparing weekly worship bulletins, creating and distributing written communications, keeping the office clean, working with church leaders and volunteers, office management, and openness to other tasks, from creating bulletin boards to designing promotional materials.
The successful candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills, organizational competence, the ability to multi-task and prioritize, proficiency with technology and online communications (including word, excel, and publisher), and familiarity with nonprofit culture. The Office Administrator will work with the Pastor to create a professional and welcoming office environment.
BUCC is a progressive rural church: LGBT welcoming, Earthwise, and committed to building peace and justice.
This is a non-exempt, approximately 6-hour per week position, flexible schedule to be arranged with the pastor. Pay is $15 per hour. Non-members welcome to apply.
To learn more about our church and consider whether you might be a fit for this position, visit beavercreekucc.org. Please submit resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications due by Sunday December 3rd.
BEAVERCREEK UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Wage: $15 per hour (Paid monthly)
Hours: Approximately 6 hours per week (A weekly schedule will be set up with the Pastor and a log kept of hours worked)
Supervisor: The Pastor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide secretarial services for the Pastor, as needed, and maintain church files in an organized and accessible manner.
- Handle church phone calls and distribute messages to the appropriate people.
- Pick up and distribute mail.
- Edit, process, and print the weekly worship bulletin, and occasional special liturgy bulletins and distribute to pastor and others, designated by pastor, in timely manner.
- Keep and update a calendar of church meetings and events and other groups using the church facilities.
- Provide administrative support for church boards and committees as needed.
- Update the church directory on an ongoing basis.
- Process the Church Annual Report at the end of the year.
- Create and update church communications materials as needed.
- Supervise office supply needs and purchases.
- Maintain and distribute Sunday participant schedules.
- Help maintain the church office in a neat and professional manner.
- Other duties as needed and assigned by the pastor.
The Secretary's weekly hours are flexible given the task oriented nature of the position; however, the Secretary is expected to be at the church office on a regular basis determined by the needs of the Pastor and the church.
Unpaid vacation of up to two consecutive weeks may be arranged. Unpaid sick leave is to be arranged with the Pastor.
There will be a conference between the administrative assistant and the pastor to review goals and performance on an annual basis, or as determined by the pastor. This contract may be terminated with two weeks notice by either party. The administrative assistant reports to the pastor.